Apples are available all year around. It can be eaten raw, cooked into sauce, jam, or a pie.
Here is avery simple recipe, using preferably sour green apples. Sour green apples are not as expensive as Fuji or Pinklady, but wonderful for baking. It gives fabulous aroma as well.
3 green apples - peeled, cored, and chopped
125 g butter
1,5 dl sugar
2 dl flour
1 tsp baking powder
1) Preheat oven at 200 C degrees
2) Spread apples in ovenproof dish
3) In a sauce pan, melt butter.
4) Add sugar, flour, and baking powder - no need to shift flour.
5) Mix until it gets sticky and falls off from the pan.
6) Remove from heat, spread the dough over apple
7) Bake in the oven (200 C degrees) for ca. 25-30 min or until golden brown.
8) Serve with vanilla icecream.