Sweet and Sour Pork
When you want to "clean up" vegetables from your fridge, making sweet and sour pork would be a good idea. At least, that's what my mother did.
The basic ingredients for this is deep fried pork, pineapple, and sweet chilli sauce. Other than that, you can add whatever vegetable you have in your fridge!
Pork meat without bone
A handful French beans
1 piece ginger
1 can chopped pineapple
1 can water chestnut
ca. 1 cup sweet chilli sauce
1) For deep fried pork: Please see the recipe "JAPANESE STUFF: Marinade for meat."
2) Chop paprika, onion, carrot, French beans into bite size.
3) Finely chop garlic and ginger
4) Heat up cooking oil in a Wok pan.
5) Toss ginger and garlic, and fry until you can smell the wonderful aroma.
6) Toss vegetables (harder vegetables goes first...)
7) When vegetables are just about cooked, add water chestnut, pineapple, deep fried pork, and sweet chilli sauce.
8) Mix until they are just "coated" by sweet chilli sauce.
9) Serves with rice.
Tips: Sweet chilli sauce should "just coat" the surface of meat and vegetables. They should now swim in the sauce!