Cranberry and pistachio Biscotti
This is like a cousin of almond Biscotti. Maybe a little more festive version. :-)
Since cranberry makes it little heavy for the dough, we should whip egg to help out!
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios - coarsely chopped
1) Preheat oven to 175 C degrees with fan.
2) Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Shift them for a few times.
3) Whip eggs and sugar with electric mixer until thick, pale, and fluffy. Then add vanilla extract.
4) Add flour mixture, cranberries, and pistachio.
Tips: At this point, dough is rather sticky. So use enough flour on the working surface.
8) On a floured surface, make a log with the dough.
9) Transfer the "log" onto a shallow baking pan with baking sheet.
10) Bake at 175 C degrees for about 25 minutes or until light golden color and firm to the touch.
11) Let it cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
12) Using a sharp knife (serrated knife makes it easier,) cut the log into slices (ca. 1 cm thick) on diagonal.
13) Arrange them back on the baking sheet, reduce oven temperature to 165 C degrees, and bake 10 more minutes.
14) Flip them, and bake another 10 minutes.
15) Let them cool, and keep them in airtight container.