Bulgur can be eaten just like rice, couscous, or any other grains. It is so mild that it can be seasoned depends on "what goes with it."
Here is a very simple recipe of bulgur with tomato. If you want to make it as paella or biryani, just add pieces of meat right before you put them in the oven.
Tips: Please use a pot with lid which can go into an oven (= no plastic handle pot.)
2 tbs butter
1 onion - finely chopped
1/2 garlic - pressed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 cup bulgur
2 cups boiling water
1 bullion cube
2 tbs tomato purée
1) Heat up the oven 175C degrees
2) In a medium pot, heat up 1 tbs butter, and sauté garlic and onion.
3) Add cumin and coriander - keep mixing
4) Add bulgur and 1 tbs butter and mix until bulgur is coated with butter.
5) Add tomato purée - keep mixing.
6) Dissolve bullion cube in a boiling water, and add into bulgur mixture.
7) Cook until it starts boiling.
8) Place the lid on the pot, and bake in the oven for ca. 25 minutes (until the liquid has evaporated and bulgur is tender.) - If you are cooking with piece of fish or meat, cook a while longer.
9) Fluff the bulgur with a fork and serve hot.