Updated: Jun 9, 2022
Making pesto is easier than you think.
Here is a quick recipe (you will need a blender):
Basil - a bunch
A clove of garlic - pressed
1/2 cup pine nut - roasted
1/2 - 1 cup olive oil
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1-2 tsp salt (optional)
1) Roast pine nut in a frying pan with medium heat. Shake the pan constantly.
2) Break basil leaves and stem by hand into a blender.
3) Add the rest of ingredients except olive oil (pressed garlic, roasted pine nuts, Parmesan cheese) into a blender, and blend them until they will be thick and creamy.
4) Slowly add olive oil until preferred thickness.
5) Add salt according to your liking. I am not specifying the amount of salt, because different Parmesan gives different flavour, and amount of salt should be adjusted "to your liking."
This is how row pine nuts look like.
And this is how roasted pine nuts look like. It gives a wonderful earthy round flavor and aroma... It's awesome for salad sprinkle as it is....
Here is a simple dinner suggestion, using the pesto. All you have to do is cook pasta (spaghetti in this case,) and fry/bake chicken breast.