What to do with leftovers? : Turkey meat
Updated: Jul 28, 2020
Ahhhhwwwww, turkey dinner was awesome, but what do I do with leftover turkey?
Turkey meat is surprisingly versatile. Here is one of the suggestions of what you can do with leftover turkey meat.
First thing you have to do is to make them into bite size. If the turkey are still attached to bones, remove them.
Tips: It's so much easier to do by hand, using surgical glove.
One of the simple dish is creamy pasta sauce. I add chick peas into the sauce to reduce the amount of pasta!
ca. 400g leftover cooked turkey meat - diced
ca. 1/2 cup leftover turkey juice
1 onion - chop into small pieces
1 paprika (any color would do) - dice them
ca. 2 cups cooked chick peas
1 broccoli (but use only florets) - chop them into a bite size, and cook.
3 tbs butter
1/2 cup flour
ca 5 dl water
2.5 dl cream
salt and pepper to taste
Cooked pasta of your choice! (I used Penne this time...)
1) Melt the butter in a deep pan.
2) Slowly fry the onion with medium/low heat until transparent.
3) Add flour, and quickly mix with wooden spoon.
4) Add water little by little, followed by quick mixing. Repeat until they will be creamy texture.
5) Add cubed turkey, turkey meat, chick peas, and chopped paprika.
6) Add salt and pepper (optional)
7) Right before serving, add cream. Do not bring it back to boiling.
8) Pour the sauce over cooked pasta, and garnish with broccoli.