Mix 'n' bake easy chocolate cake
I must confess one thing about chocolate cake: I have always disliked recipes with so much butter contents. My question was, "Is it necessary to contain so much butter?" and the answer I found out was, "No."
This is a recipe for more fluffy and moist chocolate cake with only 60g butter.
My other chocolate cake recipe (with only 100g butter) is more dense:
Ingredients: (for the cake)
1.5 cup flour
3 tbs cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 tsp baking soda
1 egg - lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essense
60g butter - melted
1.5 cup buttermilk (Kefir)
For the frosting:
200g cooking chocolate (you can choose dark, milk, white, or combine as you wish.)
1 dl cream
Dash of rum (optional)
1) Mix dried ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda) in a large mixing bowl, and shift for a few times.
2) Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees. Grease your cake form.
3) Add rest of ingredients (beaten egg, vanilla essence, melted butter, and buttermilk) into the flour mixture, and mix quickly.
Tips: Do not mix too much. Mix only until blended, and bake them right away.
4) Bake ca 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5) Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
When the cake is cooled, let's start with frosting/glaze.
1) Break the chocolate into small pieces
2) Melt the chocolate in a sauce pan with a larger pan of hot water bath underneath (do not melt chocolate directly on the stove!)
3) Add cream and rum (optional) and mix until shiny and smooth.
4) Spread the glaze over the cake, leave them until glaze is hardened.